Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Heads of State interview

I finished the Heads of State interview. It's here. It was from a 1993 zine called Blackblock that Andy Perrin, Joseph Eakins, and Miguel made. There are some scans from the mag on the zine page.

I know that's not Big Mike on the image I added on the right side of the page, but until I can get hold of an actual photo of him, Felix's awe-inspiring mullet will have to do. Sometimes I wonder if Big Mike actually existed or if he was just a figment of everyone's drug-induced collective hallucinations. If he is still around, I still say we should dip him in bronze and set him up on the strip as statuary. You know, give the strip back some of it's class from the olden days. While we're at it, we could also bronze the late-nite hamburger guy, some of the cockroaches from Changes, and maybe have a concrete bust of Lil' Murder on the steps of the Loose Caboose (in the pose or Rodin's "The Thinker"). Or maybe not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Unfortunately, no. However I did sport a rather impressive mullet in my younger days. The Felix photo is from this promo photo. I love their promo photos. There are two more here and here.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home