Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Friday, July 01, 2005

I sent some cds to some radio stations

I compiled a cd of Louisiana punk/alternative stuff for my friend Liz at WFMU. While I was putting it together, I figured that some of the Louisiana college stations might be interested in it as well. Anyway, I finally got off my ass and sent it out today and yesterday. I still need to drop off Liz's copy, and I'm waiting for a mailing address for WTUL, but if all goes according to plan, the following stations will eventually have a copy: WFMU (New York - independent), KRVS (Lafayette - UL), KLSU (Baton Rouge - LSU), WTUL (New Orleans - Tulane), KSLU (Hammond - SLU), KTRU (Houston - Rice), KVRX (Austin - UT), and I'm going to try to get Deshazo to give a copy to his friends at the pirate station in Austin. Liz has already played Sanpakus on WFMU, and I think there's a good chance that some of the stuff will get played at least on KRVS and KLSU. So if you are/were in any of the following bands, you might get a little airplay:

Amazing Nuns, Bas Clas, Black Bayou Construktion, Brown Idol, Buns, Collapsar, Dege Legg, Die Rotzz, Dirty Cajuns, Frigg-a-go-go, Full Hank, Hekatomic Cherries, Icepick Revival, Liquidrone, Lord Waverly, Meat Dingys, Megatron Jones, Oktober Groundfly, One Man Machine, Rage, Rare Avis, Sanpakus, Santeria, The Smites, Strawboss, Three Guys Plumbing, Thunderpants, Toxin III, The Transmission, Urbosleeks, Walter Ghoul's Lavender Brigade, Zenbilly, The Zoomers, Zuider Zee.

If anybody has a problem with this, it's a little late, but let me know and I won't send out your stuff anymore. Why did I do this? I don't know, I just want to promote Louisiana underground music a little bit. If anybody is freaked out, I swear there's no ulterior motive behind it. I just want to get the music out there.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No probs wit me. . . but you knew that anyway. . . you are the champion. . . my friend. . .

12:28 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Cool. I think out of anything on it probably the old stuff like Toxin III and Bas Clas and the newest stuff will generate the most interest. I wish we had cd burners when I was younger. If I was that age now, I would get about 20 bands together, and make a Lafayette sampler. The cds I sent were like $2.50 apiece (that's cd, label, case, padded mailer, and shipping). That's so cheap!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. . . I was talkin' to a youngin'. . . he was askin' about. . . back in the day. . . and he said that he felt he was born too late for the scene. . . I said never too late, but some times too soon. . . and this is the case. . . if we would have had this tech. . . in 1981. . . no tellin' man. . . no tellin'. . .

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you can post the cd for download?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

It would be kind of hard to put it all in one place using the free sites we're using, but I can make a post linking to where all the tracks are and you can download whatever you want. I'll do that now.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Liz has played a lot of Louisiana stuff on her show so far. She's played The Skinnies, Die Rotzz, Toxin III, Frigg-a-go-go, The Smites, Rare Avis, The Transmission, The Zoomers, Sanpakus, Urbosleeks, Liquidrone, and Quintron & Miss Pussycat (as of Oct '05). Also, Ivan at KRVS has been playing a lot of the stuff. I'm not sure about any of the other stations, but Bernard from One Man Machine said he got a call from one of the stations about his stuff.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home