Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Saturday, July 02, 2005

Otis interview and an article on the Pain Teens at the Bluebird

I put up an article on the 92 Pain Teens / Bubba Daddy show, and a circa 1989 Otis interview from AGKL #3. The Pain Teens article doesn't have much to it, but the Otis interview is good. They give Dana a pretty hard time. I'll eventually do the same for a Heads of State interview from another zine. (I have to completely retype it. It was printed with like a 1980 TRS-80 dot matrix printer or something and my scanner's OCR software can't recognize it.) I'll maybe do the Fugazi interview too. Somebody probably still has a Jesus Lizard and a couple of other interviews somewhere. I remember transcribing them years ago for some zine that never happened. The Jesus Lizard one was funny, because Yow kept saying "wait, I have something to say", then grabbing the mic and farting in it.

I heard from Louis about the ramps we were discussing (Sugar's, Louis's, Mt. Taco, etc.). From Louis:

"As I understood it, The Great Lafayette Ramp Saga goes: It started out as the Sugar's Ramp and was reportedly a Danny Hall creation. It then moved out to the Acadiana Mall for a while, near to where the newer movie theatres were built. Next, it was Mt. Taco, and when they moved, a bunch of us street skaters got it. Chad Simon came over one day, and asked if he could have it -- and they carted it off to use at John Wayne. Who knows, parts of it could still be in use somewhere."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article on Otis / Painteens was as dry as sand. . . I have read better descriptions on the back of. . . Generic cereal boxes. . . That guy should be routed out. . . and rode outa town. . . on a rail. . . pathetic. . . no wonder. . .I was an asshole to the guy. . . probably got into the concert for free. . . as the 'press'. . .

Jesus Lizard also played at the Blue Bird. . . surprised Rey Rey hadn't pointed that out already...

6:47 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I wonder if he's related to "The Man in the Air Chair" Lee Kleinpeter. I like the way he has to point out that the singer exposed her brassiere, like that's so shocking. Must have been a nerd. I mean, when Jesus Lizard played at the Bayou the time before the Bluebird show, Yow was on stage spreading his asshole for the audience. I wonder what his article would have been like for that show...

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home