Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Sunday, June 19, 2005

Dana Smith page at Highermind

Dana showed me an old site that Louis Atkinson made for him a while back. Louis's web design and hosting company is highermind.com and Dana's page is here. It's got several flyers and a few drawings and sketches. It's all older stuff I believe. He's supposed to take some pics of his new stuff, so hopefully we'll get them up on the web soon. It's been a while since I saw him, but the stuff he was working on then was the bee's knees. Louis also has a page for Ben Thompson, who does all the crazy metal sculpture. Check out the crazy metal marionette, it's pretty wild.

While I'm on the art topic, check out my friend Bart's stuff here and here. He used to live in Brooklyn, but recently moved to Austin.


Cousin Lip by Dana Earl Smith 


The Bluerunners @ Grant Street 1992 


Man or Astroman @ Metropolis 


Frigg / One Common Voice @ Metropolis 

There's also a CD Cafe flyer from 92 from Dana's page and a Metropolis flyer that I found on some poster site.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana Smith's drawings were so good.

Wesley

11:47 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I'm trying to get him to take some photos of his new stuff so I can make a site for him. The last time I saw his stuff, they were kind of going in a somewhat different direction, weirder in a good way. I'd like to see him get a show or something out here in NYC.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home