Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Saturday, May 14, 2005

Various band links

Orbis Quintus leads to all kinds of cool stuff. Like this Louisiana discography. Did you know Bas Clas was around since the 70's? I didn't. You can listen to Bas Clas here. Also The Normals, from New Orleans are definitely worth checking out. And of course The Zoomers and The Buns on Orbis Quintus. I saw that Toxic Shock (now Toxic Ranch) still carries Shell Shock. I think I'll have to get off my lazy ass and order some of this stuff.

This guy (Rocky) was in various old bands and has stuff up on myspace: The Numbers 1982-83, Private Joy 1983-85, and Swinging D's 1987-89. Then he apparently got into rap metal. Interesting evolution, new wave to rap metal.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll upload some of the stuff from the first Zoomers album, 'cause while Mike's Apartment is a great lo-fi record, it's almost like a completely different band.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Cool. I liked the Mike's Apartment stuff though. I thought I had more flyers from Baton Rouge shows but all I had was a fIREHOSE at the Bayou and a Funchaus flyer. Bummer.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home