Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Ragin' Cajun, Johnny Fasullo

Check out The Ragin' Cajun, Johnny Fasullo on WWOZ radio (New Orleans) Sundays from 1-2:30 PM (CST). You can get the web feed here. I'm not that into traditional cajun (I'm more of a zydeco guy) but this dude is the fucking best. I don't know where the hell he's from, but he sure ain't from the west side of the swamp. He sounds like he crawled out of Justin Wilson's ass or something. (By the way, if you from the west side of the swamp, make them other cajuns bow down. When they come to yo town. You like the Ice Cube of the swamp and shit. Now go save the groceries.) Anyway, it's worth the wait just to hear him ramble about stuff.



"Nah fyaw fyaw fyana hah, yessah. Haha! Nah, ya'll fyana fyaw wicha Johnny Fasullo hyah! Hoo hoo!" 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with the West side krewe, Zydeco and Balfa Bros!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Yeah, bow down Maringouin! Bow down Donaldsonville!
Grosse Tete- you have a cool name, you're ok.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lest we forget. . .

Clifton 'la grand' Chenier

And yeah to Grosse Tete

9:24 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

We down with Da Berry, J-town, the Platte, and the Hiney Wine! And you know we down with the Big Titty! Aw, what!!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to find some info on Johnny when I ran across your page. Well...Johnny died sunday. He was 63. After Katrina hit, the station had to move to Baton Rouge and Johnny (who was from the West Bank of New Orleans -- "across the big pond" was really across the Mississippi) was unable to get to the new location (he didn't drive). It is fitting, I suppose, that he died on a Sunday -- the day his show would run.

Vin Bruce came to his funeral. Anyone who listened to Johnny knows how much the Ragin' Cajun loved Bruce's music.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

That's such a shame. He was the most entertaining person on WWOZ. It was always a treat to be able to hear his show when I was in New Orleans on Sundays. Lafayette has some good Cajun shows on KRVS and a few of the other stations, but they're nothing like ol' Johnny. I know I made fun of his accent in the post, but I really do enjoy listening to and respect the man. R.I.P. Johnny.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home