Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Sunday, May 08, 2005

Old skate spots

I've got some various old skate photos stored here. I'm trying to focus on the skatespots as much as possible- various ramps, parking garages, banks, ditches, etc. If anybody has some good ones, send them to me and I'll post them or I can just send you the link and you can do it yourself if you want. Some of the ones I had kind of suck but I'll replace them if I can find better ones. Mucho gracias to Smiley for the great photos, especially the Pink Panther (abandoned concrete skatepark in New Orleans), and to Fly for the old pics of Thomas's ramp. Anybody have good photos of John Wayne or people skating in the park downtown?

I was looking for pics of Charlie's old decks and found this Charlie interview. It's pretty old, but I thought it brought up some good points. Why hasn't Charlie gotten the recognition he deserves? I guess because he's always been such a nice guy. Meanwhile dipshits like Bam and Muska are sitting on top of giant mounds of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't great skaters, but as far as personality goes, what a couple of douches. Maybe if Charlie had made a couple of really shitty hip hop tracks and stuck his head in Port-o-lets a little more often, things would have been different.

There are also some band related photos and junk here.


Smiling Michael. 


Lil' Smiley. Awwwww!!! 

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah! Nostalgia of the skate-kind! The Catfish Banks and Pink Panther brings back the Toxin/Snufflix/Reality On Trial days. We used to stop at Pink Panther on the way back from playing in Pensacola w/Maggot Sandwich. We was road weary, as we had been driving since 3:00am, but always found the energy for the 'Pink'.

You ever been to the 'Chicken Banks' in BR? Behind Church's Fried Chicken thus the name!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Where was the Church's at? The only other banks I went to were the big transitional wall/planter thing in front of a (money) bank downtown and some big angled banks underneath 110 somewhere. Yeah, Pink Panther was some cool shit. For the longest time I thought it was just a legend. I wonder if it's still there.

Thanks for the old band names. Zoomers and Shitdogs led me to a site where a guy has MP3s of the Zoomers and several other old Baton Rouge bands. You should check it out: http://orbis-quintus.net/blog/index.php?cat=28

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Church's was on Airline Hwy, me thinks (Ol Man Rivers was right behind it also) ask some BR droogs, they'll know. The banks were fully smooth transitioned, no angles. Almost a perfect half-pipe (no vert tho)and as a driveway, you had additional gravity pull on the way down for speed. We used to pull the concrete parking dividers up to the edge to provide a wee bit of vert and provide coping for rail slides and truck grind.

Yeah, I saw the Orbis link, as I go on the internet to track activity for Toxin III (gets radio airplay once/twice a week). So I've seen most links associated with Toxin III (including the scientific research on how to kill a man). Ironic!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Now that you mention it, I do remember a bank on Airline Highway, but I don't think it's the one you're talking about. How do you know if you got radio play? And I forgot to ask, you got any musical projects going these days?

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basically, all broadcast radio stations have to 'log' all copyrighted material that is played. Every DJ has to 'log' his program list to the program director, whom has to 'log' to the FCC. This is for copyright protection and, especially, censorship.

With the 'electronic', 'digital' age, radio stations are now going online to 'log' playlists. Been goin on for years, started around 1993.

For example, Google "Toxin III", then scan through all the pages, you will start to see playlists from different stations that include Toxin III.

Pretty brill. . .

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still writing, trying to do recording for Crack Daniel and the Slim Beans, Gothic, shuffle blues with a dark, ragged jazz edge... Now its dark!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I'd like to check that out. You should put it up on the net when you get it recorded.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home