Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Sunday, May 01, 2005

Black Bayou Construktion

Dege has a new band called Black Bayou Construktion and they have some tracks available here. Very different sound from Santeria. The members are

Dege Legg / vox, guitars
Steve Kerin / piano
Esther Tyree / violin
Chad Willis / bass
Hawley Joe Gary / drums

There are still some Santeria songs here. And check out Dege's Anatomy of a Scream project where he interviews all kinds of crazy people. It's pretty damn interesting. I'm not sure why, but he is also playing with C.C. Adcock.


Unless you're at the florist or hanging out in the Mystery Machine, never trust a man in a sash. 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to Dege to come up with this BBC, convoluted as usual. Desparation for fame usually blinds a man, but when the man is blind in the first place, he'll never see the light!

I kin unnerstan da loneliness of separation anxiety from all things Acadiana, as I left there in '93. Out to CalyPhoney and beyond, as I am now in the UK and there are no things Acadian here (well you can find Tabasco and Crystal sauce).

But, I say, "Never trust a restaurant that says cajun, if it is 75 miles+ from Lafatit."

2:06 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Amen to that, brother... here "Cajun" usually means they put extra black pepper in their ketchup sauce. Fucking baloney in the gumbo or some shit. You might as well just go to Popeye's, at least it isn't $18 a plate. Oh well, bad with the good. No good cajun food, but I haven't been called brah or cuz or had to listen to PlanetRadio since I left.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! Cuz or bruh, ain't heard those words in many moons, mah ga!

I'd kill for some Pig Stye or Dave's BBQ sauce though! or som Tony Checheries (spelling? can't remember, too many dead brain cells from too much tequila, to kill ya)!

I kin kick up a damn fine gumbo, Cut-Off style (massive quantities o'seafood) but where is you to find the 'file'?

Anywhoo, I'm glad I found dis here 'blog spot' so I can get all nostalgic on all things Acadiana.

If you guys were old enough, you might remember "The Paul Thibeaux Radio Show" on Saturday nights. . . "Get down tonight at Coteau. . .Coteau. . . memories fade into the universal static of alcohol fueled days.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Sounds like you might have to hit up cajungrocer.com. Get you some Jack Miller's! I guess shipping to England would be completely outrageous though.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck the freight, Im hongry!

I'll check out the website!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home