Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Transmission

Check out this Lafayette band called the Transmission. I heard about them a while ago from Schickenbutt. They sound kind of like Brainiac. Highest quarity.

There are more flyers scanned under the flyers link. Does anyone have any from Metropolis? All the ones I have are mostly from the Bayou, the Wall, the Pussycat, and the Rinky Dink. I'm missing a key time period. As far as the places where the shows were, does this sound about right:
Before 1990: Haricot's, Shriner Hall, wherever
1992: Bluebird
1992-93: The Bayou
1993-94: The Wall
1994-9?: Metropolis
1999: The Pussycat
2000-0?: The Rinky Dink
If that's about right, what was going on in 91? Were there no shows that year? Also, I'm not sure when Metropolis bit it. I did find this account from a 1994 Planet Shock tour log about a Metropolis show that is kind of interesting reading.

Also, is Dave "Bootleggin" Hubbell in jail yet?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Transmission, I'd say they sound more like Trans Am (at least on Binary Baby), but what the hell do I know? SWANK by all ways and means!

I have a few old flyers(OTIS)that are on my USA hard-drive (haven't hooked it up in the UK yet), but when I do, I'll flow them up-stream to ya!

Dave Hubble and Ronnie Stevens should have been in prison yonks ago! A couple of paedophiles luring the unsuspecting youth of Lafatit, via punk music. Queer bait mofos!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Old flyers are definitely cool. Anything old and Lafayette or nearby related is what we're pretty much going for.

I don't know how Hubble remains a free man. He's certainly been busted enough. I heard that he rolled over on somebody to get himself off. I can't say that for sure though. Maybe it's just his lucky mullet.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home