Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Thursday, April 14, 2005

Goodbye Hello Acadiana


TV3: Now with 30% more forehead! Posted by Hello

I was shocked and horrified to learn that TV10 KLFY no longer uses the "Hello Acadiana" song during it's broadcasts. How many times have we drowned our homesickness at the local bar by singing this song like some drunken Irish soccer fans? From their webmaster: "it was discontinued because our corporate company has decided to go with a standard music selection for all of its stations." And the guy didn't even know who the Great Boudini was. What the hell is up with that? I mean granted, I was asking for pics of a cajun magician with a foam rubber alligator that was never even on TV10 in the first place, but still. As I think Josh Chappell once famously said, "if you couldn't catch the Great Boudini over the air, you a yankee." So if anyone still has a videotape with it or the TV10 song, let me know. Also, I would like to get some of the old commercials if anyone is lucky enough to have them. Ones like, "Tires ain't pretty. They don't smell good, they don't taste good, but you gotta have 'em." (I think that was a metaphor for vaginas.) Or Creole Pecan Fruit Cake, any Sam's, On Time, or Right On Fashions, or any of the ones with Bossman saying "letemhavit."

Well, I gotta go. I'm goin' to Jim Tatman's mobile homes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Great Boudenny said...

It could be worse, Floyd Sonnier had to live next to Bobby Novosad. Or you could live next to this or this.

Let's see if these anchor tags work. bold italic

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home