Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jahn Fago photos

Check out John Fago's photo site. He took photos at a lot of the local zydeco clubs in 1985. Some of them are no longer around. Here are some of the Lafayette ones:


The Bon Ton Roulee club. Anyone know where this was? Maybe on the Block?


How about City Meat? There's an old grocery on either S. Orange or S. Magnolia that I'm thinking maybe.


J & J Pleasure Lounge. I'm guessing on Simcoe?


J & J again.


These aren't in Lafayette:


Papa Paul's Club, Mamou. This place looks so badass.


Main Street Lounge, Basile.


Clifton Chenier's van and Caddy.


Clento's Lounge, Point Blue.


His site has a lot more than that. Really it's got some of the best zydeco photos I've seen. There's another site that I found a while back with mid 70s photos, but I can't find it right now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now yr kicking ASS!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should look up a book called Juke Joint. its by Birney Imes its all mississippi joints, but is awesome stuff.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I'll have to check that out. I also saw another site on jukes called Junior's that's interesting reading.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home