Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Thursday, December 29, 2005

The horrors of Ohio, and other stuff

I'm currently in Ohio visiting my parents. For years, I've been telling people about the horrors of Ohio cuisine. It's a culinary wasteland. Everything has jello or Cool Whip or cabbage in it. Sometimes all three. Anyway, everybody always thinks I'm exaggerating, but now I have proof. My mom was going to the grocery yesterday and asked if I wanted anything. I told her to get some hummus. She couldn't find any at the store, so she decided to make some. Here are the results:



On another note, August Spies posted Brandt's masterpiece "High Steppin' Chicken-leg Dinosaur". Check it out, it's highest quality. Also, I finally updated the band index pages with the new info people sent me. So, Wes, Andrew, Josh, that stuff should all be added. And, I located Jody Suarez from the Zen Bastards. He's living in Jackson, MS playing in a band called Living Better Electrically.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same shit in Europe...Scandanavia. I ordered a burger in Oslo and got corn with sliced cucumbers mixed in on the side. I looked around...and remembered I was a foreigner.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michigan. . . cannot be much better. . . having lived in Detroit for two years. . . even the Greek food is watered down. . . to Mid-western. . . tastes. . . absolute dreck. . .

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in canada i ordered bbq chicken (pullet) and it came with peas all over it. fricking peas in the sauce then slapped on the chicken. peas!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read that beausoleil used to have a rider in their contract that said, on the road, no attempt would be made to serve them "cajun food."

8:46 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Ha ha! That's the best rider clause ever!

My dad accused me of being culinarily unadventurous last night because I didn't want to try the "coney island style" pizza at this one place. It was hot dog chunks and onions. After having Deano's, La Pizzeria, etc. I'm going to have to say F for effort on that one.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's stove top stuffing

11:38 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

If only it were...

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home