Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Friday, September 16, 2005

Photos of pro skaters in Lafayette

Here are some photos of pro skaters in the Lafayette area. You can see more photos and higher res versions at John's Zorpia folder.


Tony Magnusson at Mt. Taco. In the first photo, that kind of looks like Al Gibson on the deck maybe? I don't remember where Mt. Taco was exactly. It was somebody's backyard I think.


Jeff Phillips at the Sugar's ramp. That is Greg Melancon holding the coping down. (This photo is from Margaret.) Sugar's was where Mako's was later. This photo is looking out towards the house on the corner of McKinley and Jefferson with Nitecaps and The Keg on either side. It's still weird to think that there was a vert ramp on the strip.



These two photos are from a jam in Opelousas. I think it was held in the big ex-grocery store east of I-49 at the Cresswell exit. That building later became a flea market. The first is Mike Vallely and the second is Rodney Mullen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Mt. Taco photo. . . is Danny Hall's backyard. . . looks like it. . . and Danny had painted his blue. . . I'm pretty sure of it. . .

4:42 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Sounds right. Louis Atkinson had sent me the rundown on the Sugar's ramp and the Mt. Taco ramp, but I lost the email.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home