Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Other news

John Morrow put some more stuff up at Zorpia. Some really great band related stuff like flyers (mostly Lafayette), photos of Faith No More in Sidney Fontenot's house, etc. I haven't had time to do it yet, but I'll add the flyers to the flyer archive and link them to the bands on the index pages. There are three Otis flyers, two with Blitzkrieg (who I'd forgotten about), firehose, etc. Check them out here. He also put up some killer photos of pro skaters at various spots in Lafayette. Check them out here. Mike Vallely, Rodney Mullen, Tony Mag, Gator, etc. Great stuff.

Liz at WFMU played a bunch of Louisiana stuff last Tuesday. The playlist is here. She played Die Rotzz, The Transmission, The Smites, Rare Avis, Urbosleeks, The Zoomers, Toxin III, and Frigg-a-go-go. I know the material is heavily weighted towards Lafayette stuff, but it's because at the time Scott and I made the cds we gave her, we didn't have much New Orleans and Baton Rouge stuff. I do now, and I'm going to get it to Liz, Pat Duncan, and Terre T at WFMU, and also Ivan and Cecil at KRVS. Probably some others too. Also I talked to Bernard from One Man Machine and he said that he got a call from KVRX in Austin about his music. I had sent copies of the stuff I gave Liz to KVRX, KRVS, KLSU, WTUL, and some others a while back. I really didn't expect that the out of state stations would pay much attention to it, so it's cool to hear that not only did somebody at KVRX actually listen to it, but they were interested enough to look up and contact Bernard.

Here's a photo of Mushroom Records by Tulane from Curtis:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So they sent spam to tell you how to stop spam? I'm confused.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Otis flyers. . . wow. . . I forgot all about those days. . . but I remember. . . after the Combined Effort. . . we made $15. . . I walked into a 7/11 or Cracker Barrel. . . spent it all on beer. . . Rick'r and Danny. . . weren't legal (21). . . Rick'r was all confused. . . because he and Danny didn't drink. . . and I looked him in the eye. . . and said. . . "Thats Rock n Roll. . . Boy!" hahahahaha

2:05 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

That's what you call schooling him. That one that says "Peace Corps", that was really Piece Core wasn't it, just misspelled? Do you remember anything about Blitzkrieg?

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly. . . Blitzkrieg was. . . PieceCore. . . Wes and Ricky were having. . . an identity crisis. . . at the time. . . plus me and Danny was giving them a hard time. . . for the Nazi imagery. . .

8:52 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I remember when the Piece Core / Blitzkrieg guys had pretty much turned the Loose Caboose into speed metal central. Good times!

Deshazo, sounds good. I love that station. I'll compile some old Nola punk for them too. I think they would love it. How about telling us the tale of your journey back to N.O. in a post? I'd like to hear about it.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. . . when Wes was bartending at Loose Caboose. . . it was really. . . LOOSE. . . hahahahaha. . . I remember one night. . . some0ne smuggled in a gallon. . . of 'Shroom juice. . . WAY!. . . what a night. . . everyone was TWEAKIN' heavy. . . hahahahaha

5:54 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Even the roaches were tweaking...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the roaches. . . I had several conversations. . . wit dem roaches dat nite. . .

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home