Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Sunday, September 18, 2005

Photos from Margaret

Here's some more stuff from Maragaret:

I love this picture. They're skating the little tiny drainage channel from the street to the coulee by the old dorms on (I think it's called) Lewis street.


Geg Melancon, Danny Hall, Chris Simon, George Brown, and Bernard Morris at the chicken banks in Baton Rouge.


Chris Cart during his Reality On Trial days.



These are two Baton Rouge skate zines (circa 1986/87?)



Two photos of Heith Copes. I would kill for one of those Eppic Eddie Gomez's that he's skating in the first photo where he's doing the wallie. I had a couple of those. In the second photo at the park in downtown Lafayette, I believe that's a pre-hippy-hair Heith. (Now he has edumacated hair.)


Speaking of Chris Cart, he just put up a new Toxin III myspace page. This one has music on it as well.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think. . . that R.O.T. photo. . . is at John's C'est la guerre. . .

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken Banks. . . right behind Church's on Airline, B.R. . . . Ole Man Rivers was right there. . . lookin' straight down the pic. . . Sex Pistols. . . Iggy Pop. . . HooZaa. . .

4:46 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I don't think I ever skated those banks. I'm going to have to hit them next time I'm through there just so I can say I did.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if they are still there. . . however its worth a try. . .

3:43 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

It would be interesting to see what the club is now too...

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The club is long gone. . . as you can see from the pic. . . there is nothing there. . . it was gone by the mid 80's. . .

1:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chicken banks were off of perkins not airline, and I checked just recently, they are there sort of, its hard to describe.. it would be hard to skate em, there is fencing on 3 sides, i might have been drunk when i went ;)

10:51 AM  
Blogger randyotto said...

I can't believe y'all still had a copy of the zine I did in the 80's (Dead Meat) Chicken banks still exists, but now there's a real skatepark down the road. The Sex Pistols also played at the club in the back. It became a college-jerk bar later. Made for some aggressive Fri/Sat nite sessions.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home