Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Monday, August 01, 2005

Some old silkscreen designs

Dana and I (and Fluid sometimes) used to have a silkscreen shop set up behind my old house on 8th Street. When I moved I saved some of the stuff that was still in it, like positives (used for burning screens), prints, flyers, etc. I got them out of storage recently and I've started scanning them. Here are a few and there will be more to come. Most of the prints that were still there were either test prints or misprints, so most of them are a little screwed up.

Metropolis Music Explosion festival flyer from 1996



Chairman Mao print on canvas that Dana made



This Howlin' Wolf print was the invite to one of the 8th Street Halloween parties (not sure what year)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Howlin' Wolf and Chairman Mao are the biz. . .

Hey. . . I went to Renaisance when I was back in Lafattit. . . made me wish I had never been involved in punk. . . sooo many posers. . . and goths (there must have been $20,000 worth of tatoos in there). . . at least you guys didn't buy into the 'look'. . . as much as the attitude. . . the very second I saw Black Flag. . . when we backed them up in '81. . . I knew that whole bondage trouser, mohawk thing was dead. . . they looked like regular barflys. . . same with the Circle Jerks. . . wish The Transmission woulda been playin'. . . would like to see those guys. . .

12:48 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Yeah, what's the point nowadays, everyone and their mother has a tattoo. Same with piercings. I mean wear whatever you want, but if you look like everyone else in America you don't get any anti-establishment points. Be glad you weren't in Brooklyn, you would've really wanted to kill yourself. I'd like to see The Transmission too. I've never met them, but I like their stuff.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tatoos. . . something else to blame Henry Rollins for. . . Biatch. . .

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home