Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Saturday, December 03, 2005

Rock City News

Ok, so I've been a slacker of late as far as this site is concerned. I finally got around to scanning a small stack of zines that I got from Scott. So today, we have Rock City News #3, a small Lafayette zine put out by Ronnie Chauvin of Frigg-a-go-go in about 1996. In this issue, we have an interview with Citizen Raul, an interview with Citizen Dexter (?!), some slight trash talking about Dave Hubbell, various gossip, and a crossword puzzle. By the way, I think some of Scott's crossword answers are wrong. (He shouldn't have dropped out of Rock City High.) Speaking of Raul, he was definitely one of Lafayette's characters. Some people loved him, some hated him, but nobody knew his real story. I heard that he moved out to Cali, got sick, and died. I always heard various things about him: that he was from a really rich family, that he was a Catholic priest, that he was an accountant, etc. I thought he was a nice guy, although a little suspicious. Anyway, RIP, Raul if you aren't still around. By the way, there are more scans of zines here.







3 Comments:

Blogger Great Boudenny said...

The laugh:

HAW HO HO HAW HAWWW!!! (cough) HEAGGH HAW!! (swig of whiskey) HO HO HAW!!! (mumble) HAW!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, Raul. I liked him, too, but indeed, I picked up a a few unexplained and possibly unfounded anomalous blips on my radar around him. He's a Mystery better left unsolved!


ON getting "Shazzed": D., when you write a glossary of Laf slang terms, I want to be credited with conjugating delshaz's last name and turning it into derogatory denoting as in

to "Shazz": A peculiar trait or characteristic intended to achieve an end by benignly deceptive or accidentally fraudulent means. Ex." I loaned Joe $10 about a week ago, but he shazzed me. Haven't seen him since."

or: "We were supposed to pay the rent by the 5th, but we're gonna shazz the landlady until the 15th."

11:34 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Ha ha! Also:

Shazz (n.) lifeform commonly found in college neighborhoods that attaches itself to your couch. May only be dislodged by promises of young rich girls at a nearby club.

Shaz, you gots the skillz to not pay the billz!

But I kid you...

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home