Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Treacherous Cretins trainwreck



Since I've been making fun of everybody else so much lately, I guess I should probably post something about my not-so-glorious past accomplishments. I stuck a track from my high school band, The Treacherous Cretins, on my myspace page. We were me, Bob Gardner, Paul Buswell, Kelly Van Eaton, sometimes Eric Johnson, sometimes Cody Bowen, and a few other various singers. We were named after a Frank Zappa song.

Here's a little trivia for you: we were the first Lafayette band to apply the scientific method to the art of sucking. We could not only suck worse than your band, but we could prove it both empirically and mathematically. Anyway, check out the track, it's "My Girl", and has the most awesomely awful guitar solo ever (courtesy of me.) We've got another song called Eric Zone that makes fun of our singer Eric Johnson's cheezy pickup techniques. I put it on the Lafayette mp3 page. It's a total train wreck. Cody is the son of ex-mayor Kenny Bowen. We also briefly had this coonass guy from Cade as our singer. He always wanted to cover Nazareth songs and would bring over his girlfriend (who we affectionately called "the bimbo") with her kid and they would try to get my mom to watch her baby while they went to the mall.

We were previously called something else that I can't remember and had Charles Rees on bass. We did the old faithful weasel technique of breaking the band up, and then reforming the next day without him under a new name. Well, check out our embarrassing past.

On another note, I got an email from Colby Foreman, and he said that Mark Laurent was in a car accident and died. Mark is Mireille Laurent's older brother. Anyway, rest in peace, Mark.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, Mark was in the drum section with me in HS. A sick boy but loveable. That's crappy news.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Yes, it is the bummer. I forgot he was in the school band.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps a small RIP section on the blog? How else would I know about these things.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Hmm, that's a good idea.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg!!! Dude this is Paul Buswell please contact me at paulbuswell1@yahoo.com! Would like to catch up with you!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home