Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Tuesday, November 01, 2005

RZA



RZA was a new wave band in New Orleans from the early 80's (maybe even late 70's?) They were featured on the 1980 comp N.O. Questions, N.O. Answers. One of the members, Lenny Zenith, has a page for them here with quite a bit of info. It sounds like they were pretty tight with The Cold. Lenny later moved to NYC and played with Jennifer Convertible and also worked with Loser's Lounge, which is a conglomeration of various musicians doing lounge versions of a selected popular act (Queen, Devo, Sesame Street, etc.) See here. He's now in Michigan and is in Without Misty.

Here are some more RZA pics:




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cold? isn't that w/ former Daily Show correspondent Degenerass? God, I watch too much TV. --- Colby

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you already know this, but Lenny Zenith was/is a girl. I'm pretty confident. I saw them a lot in NOLA and had a few conversations with her and I could tell she was a girl. Very nice person, friendly and easy to talk to. Talented, of course.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Colby-
Yes, Vance Degeneres was in The Cold. I read somewhere that he helped create Mr. Bill for Saturday Night Live. God, I watch too much internet.

Vicky-
I did not know that. I thought Lenny was a guy. But then, I've never seen or met the person, just checked out the website.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home