Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Flyers from Curtis

Curtis Cottrell posted these flyers on Gigposters.com. I don't know if he did these later or if I just missed them the first time I looked, but there are a bunch more now. Sonic Youth and Culturecide at Jimmy's, Celtic Frost, Voivod, and Running Wild at Jimmy's, The Backsliders at Benny's, and The Flaming Lips and Masters of the Obvious at Banana's. I'm not sure of the years on these, except for the Sonic Youth flyer which must have been 1986. That show is listed on Sonic Youth's website.






5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stange thing is. . . the Sonic Youth chronology. . . does not list Baton Rouge in the '86 Evol tour dates. . . I was there as was Bustamonte. . . we rode together. . . AMAZING Show. . . one of the few. . . that have brought ters to my eyes. . . completely over-whelming. . .

3:42 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Whatever happened to Kirk? Last I heard, he moved to Colorado or something.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know. . . I think your right. . . I ran in to Al Gibson. . . in July. . . in Lafayette. . . I think he said Colorado. . . then again. . . he was drunk. . . I was drunk. . .

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al's been drinking again?? We tried to give that boy some morals, but he done went astray. I always knew that there skateboard device was sent by the devil.

He used to be such a good boy....

9:49 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

The SY archive shows the Baton Rouge show under the Flaming Telepaths tour later that year. See here. With firehose? That must have been the SHIT.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home