Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Localpalooza shirt, Get Wet flyer, Zeitgeist card

Here are a few things that were sent in recently:



Carl from Hand Bob the Spoon sent this scan of a t-shirt from the Localpalooza show. That was a show in 93 put on by Hans from Nitecaps at Grant Street. The band lineup is shown on this promo card. Dana did the design. I like the sneaky dog pissing on the hydrant. It reminds me of his old retarded dog Pete. Pete would spend his days humping soccer balls and other such dogfoolery. It must be nice to be a dog.






Heith Copes (or should I say Dr. Hot) sent me this Get Wet flyer. I guess this was maybe from around 1988? I assume that the "DES" at the bottom means that Dana made the flyer, but I can't say that for sure. If it was him, I like the way he misspelled picnic. It's funny how back then you could pretty much throw down anything and call it a street course. "Hmmm, an old refrigerator, a pile of gravel, and a bumper from an El Dorado....looks like we gots us a street jam!"








Heith sent these as well. I don't know what Zeitgeist was. I guess it was a show at Grant Street in 1993? I don't know if those are bands or DJs on the back. Anybody know anything about it?

Chris Cart has a cool account of a mini roadtrip he took in Cali in 1991 on his blog. If that link doesn't work, you can get to it from his Toxin III myspace page.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about Pete humping Mr. Potato Head. And my leg on occassion.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gots a real purty leg, Jenkins... i'm a make that leg squeal like a soccer ball...

12:50 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Go Pete! I heard Smith used to make him hump a blanket until he jizzed on it. Good times!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some vague memory of Pete and Mr Potato Head on the trampoline at the Smith ranch

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home