Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ok, here we go, fiddycentdraft 1.0.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was Lafayette. You couldn't wait to get the fuck out, but when you got wherever you were going, something seemed to be missing. What was it? Plate lunches? The crazy coonasses? Creole Pecan Fruit Cake (CPFC)? Big Mike? Certainly, these are some of the things that define the town. (In fact, I call for dipping Big Mike in either bronze or a carbon freezing unit and setting him up as a statue on the strip. I'm pretty sure that he rose from the primordial ooze under Mako's bathroom, so it's only fitting.) However, I think that it was an even more powerful and glorious (or insidious?) force - FIFTY CENT DRAFT. It permeated every inch of that town. What's that you say? You don't believe in the awesome force of the fiddycent? Then explain why Obi Wan Deshazo falls to his knees everytime a Milwaukee's Beast truck flips over somewhere. (Good lord, two star wars references in one paragraph. I've turned into Scott.)

Anyway, after living there, it's hard to call anywhere else home. I mean, you pass out at someone's house and wet the couch ONCE and they're all like, "egad, you've sullied the IKEA!! We just had it delivered!" Foolish mortals. Seasoned veterans know that any couch worth it's weight can absorb three to four wettings. Or, you go to a party, crack a joke about Super Swampers or "my Rockford Fosgates bruh" and get nothing back but blank stares. What the hell is wrong with these people? ROCKFORD FOSGATES. Didn't they learn anything in school? "Delcambre Reeboks?" Nothing. But, in their defense, I don't really get their Vice magazine references either, so it's probably mutual. What I'm saying is I miss having you crazy fuckers around ackin the foo.

So this site is basically a place to see what current and ex-Lafayetians are doing. One of the best things about Lafayette for me was the way everyone was always doing something. Whether it was making music or art, writing, building something, or whatever, it seemed like everybody had some kind of creative outlet. Now that we're all spread across the country (and the globe) it's hard to keep up with what's going on. And I know you fuckers are still up to no good in the hood.

With that in mind, the idea here is for this blog to be a place to store pictures, links, etc. of what everyone is doing, and then on another site we're going to post MP3's of current stuff and old local bands. I had to pose as a band called Five Deuce Deuce Jefferson Street to get the soundclick site for the MP3's, so ignore the band bio crap. I plan on changing it after it's been up for a while. I'll post the songs as band name then the song name. The good thing is they have no limit on the number of MP3's they will host. The bad side is the pop up ads and that we can't post cover songs which is kind of a bummer. Here's the address: Five Deuce Deuce .

So let us know what you think and what's going on. If you've got music, art scans, a website, boob photos, etc. get in touch with me or the Shaz and we'll link to them or put them on here. Music has to be original songs (not covers) in MP3 form. I'll see if I can rustle up a free image hosting space as well. Well, that's about it.
Denny

3 Comments:

Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Dude, just mumble words like porter, hefe-, extra, ye olde, landlubber, etc. in a random order and the bartender will get you something. Of course, it will be $6 and taste like it was filtered through a horse's ass. Wait, that's what you do here. Texas bartenders might kick your ass for such shenaniganry. Here the cheapest beer you can get is a $2 PBR (if you're lucky). And then you have to deal with hipsters sitting next to you positioning their PBRs strategically in a light with the label facing for maximum exposure. You know, to show their "working man cred". In their vintage Bowie t-shirts that they bought at a vintage shop for $60. Times are tough, trust funds don't go as far as they used to these days. Send me a case of Lone Star, Pearl, or Dixie so I can show their asses up. I'll also need an enormous trucker cap.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do think I have a picture of mikes boob monster on lafayette street. also i think i have shots inside the house

5:46 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I've got the actual boob monster. I'll try to get it scanned.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home