Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Thursday, May 26, 2005

More flyers

Bernard turned me on to gigposters.com which has all kinds of old flyers and posters. I found ones for Urbosleeks, Liquidrone, Toxin III, Frigg, Strawboss, One Common Voice, Shellshock (a ton), and all kinds of badass zydeco flyers. Including this one from the seriously badass Rosie Ledet:


Rosie Ledet 


Frigg-a-go-go 


Clifton Chenier 


Toxin III / Snufflix / Disappointed Parents 

I put the ones I found on the flyer page. They aren't necessarily all from Louisiana shows though. Does anybody know if Shellshock moved to New York in their later days or something?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. . . to say but. . . Hatchboy/ShellShock... commited suicide. . . He was a nice guy. . . can't figure why he went the way he did. . .

9:02 AM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I think I read that somewhere. Maybe on Toxic Shock's site? It's cool that they still have some of their stuff available. I was just a little confused by the fact that about half of the Shellshock flyers on the gigposters site were from NYC shows. Wondering if there was another band by the same name in NYC or if they just played here a lot.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the flyers on gigposters.com. . . are for Shellshocked. . . not ShellShock. . . but I could be wrong. . . gittin' old and silver-backed. . . eyes may be deceiving me. . .

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the e-mail address for Shell Shock singer Greg Hatch in San Francisco, where he works for Gallo Wine: grego11@sbcglobal.net
Curtis Cottrell
New Orleans Music Office Co-op

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home