Mig Mike, gimme a draft.



Saturday, August 27, 2005

Xrong and Junkyard Dog

These are two scans of Xrong, a small zine that we think Brandt had something to do with, but we're not sure. Get all of the latest 14 year old dirt on Piece Core, August Spies, and Chronicles of Hate. They even talk a little trash about some local band called Not Responsible. Also, I moved the scans of the zines from the Ripway page to here. I'm trying to make room on the Ripway account for more flyers.






Scott has this autographed picture of JYD. I think this may have been from his "showing up at Cafe 101 and trying to get people to give him 5 bucks for an autograph" days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Great Boudenny said...

I think "honorable mentioned" equates to they were inducting you into the Xrong Hall of Rock Fame. Holy shit! I remember Big Mike's translucent blue drums... if he was in a band with Benny, that could be the new holy grail of funny local band stuff to get hold of...surpassing even the Metal Boyz' band...

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the time period when JYD was bumming money for crack at 101.

I got my autographed B&W Xerox copy of JYD in boxer shorts when he was at the Oil Center Piggly Wiggly. He told the management that the money he raised was going to 'The Scouts'.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Great Boudenny said...

Big Mike will always be alive in our hearts, which will be beating to the beat of his translucent drums, while he sells pot to our eternally 17 year old souls. In a light blue one piece jumpsuit. (I'm getting teary...)

Yeah, I guess JYD's integrity was a little in doubt there at the end. But then, wrestling and credibility were never really that closely associated. Plus, once you're JYD, I think you're pretty much allowed to do whatever you want without people holding it against you. Thus, I say, "JYD, you were a great wrestler, and a lovable crackhead. Rest in peace." Now load another scout in my pipe, son.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home